While research is still growing, preliminary evidence shows that bulletproof coffee helps improve concentration and reduce inflammation. Here are several health benefits you might enjoy from bulletproof coffee:
- Reduced inflammation: Research shows that dairy products (like butter) from grass-fed cows have more omega-3 fatty acids than dairy from grain-fed cows. Omega-3 fatty acids can reduce the inflammatory response in the body.
- Decreased blood sugar levels: High quality grass fed butter has higher levels of CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) than butter from grain-fed animals . CLA has been shown to improve blood sugar and insulin levels and decrease the risk of Type 2 diabetes.
- Improved mental clarity and energy levels: The caffeine in a cup of bulletproof coffee using our performance blends No.#2 The Heavy Hitter or our No.#8 The Big Contender in particular can help boost your concentration and energy.
To make bulletproof coffee, you'll need a cup of your favourite Tiki Tonga coffee, prepared in your favourite way shown above by Brad, using the famous Aeropress, and a healthy fat source. You can use grass-fed butter (such as Kerrygold), or coconut oil. For a healthy sweetener, if you prefer, you can add a dash of vanilla extract or cinnamon.
The recipe below makes one cup of coffee, you can double it to make two cups.
WHAT YOU NEED (INGREDIENTS)
- 15 grams freshly ground coffee
- 230 millilitres boiled water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted grass-fed butter
- Handheld whisk/milk frother
WHAT YOU DO (METHOD)
1) Grind the coffee beans, or using already ground coffee and add into a cafetiere, V60 coffee filter, or Aeropress.
2) Add the boiled (and slightly cooled) water to the coffee and allow to brew for 3-5 minutes.
3) In a jug, add the butter or coconut oil.
4) Pour over the hot coffee.
5) Whisk together until creamy, frothy and fully blended.
6) Serve and enjoy!